Re: CTI/caps/crystals/JT30s/TONE

). I always tell 'em that the quest for tone starts with a whole lot
>of practice, but nobody likes that answer ;). I consistently have found
>that the more I practice and the better I get, the less the equipment
>matters.

There is a guy up here in Syracuse who has the best tone of anybody in the
area.  He uses an SM-57 and an 6 channel SoundTech PA head for an amp with
a SoundTech monitor wedge for a speaker.  Totally cheesy stuff for PA or
harp for that matter, but he sounds great!  Pisses me right off!

> Speaking of which...I bet a Fender Vibro King amp would make a fabulous
>harp amp. Sure, it's $1,500 at discount, but that's cheaper than a '59
>Bassman and probably one heck of a lot more reliable. Every time I see
>one of these, I note the 3X10" speaker combination and the switch on the
>front panel that's marked "FAT," and I think, "Hmmm...if I had only been
>a doctor, I could have afforded one of these!" (For the uninitiated,
>these amps are hand-built and hand-wired by the Fender Custom Shop.)

I salivated over that switch too when I saw it.  One of the guitar players in my
band uses one.  It is a truly beautiful amp.  It is nice to see truly great American
quality and craftsmanship.

Bernie Clarke
"Don't start me to talkin', I'll tell everything I know" - SBWII