Re: Pesky capacitor; Guitar example

>thanks for the use of your CAD system, Rocket Rick

Harv...you're a funny guy

>So I bet it's a pretty small capacitor, but what is X for a crystal element
>itself (10 or 100 K)?

It is physically small but the value is unknown. Actuall I can see CTI's
answer having some validity since the cap will have a definite change on
the loading effect of the crystal.

Are you referring to the impedance(X) of the crystal? If so, it's
irrelevant. Think of the crystal as a voltage source. The RC network will
have an effect on the freq response of the crystal but since we don't know
exact crystal specs we just to analyze the RC network as a filter and
determine how it'll effect any source.