CTI/caps/crystals/JT30s/TONE

On Oct 27,  8:22am, Barry Schaede wrote:
> Subject: CTI'S Explanation of cap
> using at that time were out of spec.  The cap was their fix.  Crystal
> mikes are extremley sensitive to impedance loading.  With the cap they
> got what they wanted.

Great info!  Thanks for calling.

Well, I've heard some "legend" that matching the impedance of the mic and
the amp is "_the_ trick/secret" to eliminating feedback and getting
great tone.  The comments from James Harman (a week or so ago on the
list) seem to support this.

   So, how do you do it?
   How do you match the impedance?
   How do you change the impedance of the mic (or the amp)?
   What makes Kevin's Crystal Balls Mic worth $150?  (What's the trick?)
   Does anybody on the list know?  If so, will they share the knowledge?

The quest for tone never ends!  :-)
Elliott New

P.S. - As a digital EE, I'll stop trying to answer questions about analog
electronics w/so many analog gurus around.  :-)  Again, thanks to everyone
for the good info on mics & stuff!