Re: Shanghai harmonica plant banishes the blues

        From: Jack Ely <IMS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Shanghai harmonica plant banishes the blues

            Bruce Steinberg writes...

            >         SHANGHAI, Oct 21 (Reuter) - The Shanghai Gas Company has
            >swallowed a mouth organ factory, and to workers and managers the
            >result has been sweet music.
            8<-------

            Very interesting reading, Bruce. - I find this kind of information
            fascinating. Do you know what harmonicas are made there? Is this the plant
            that makes all the harmonicas marked "Made In China" or are there other
            plants. Do they make the Huang harmonicas?
                                                                        Jack

////////////////

Sorry, Jack, wish I could help.  All I know myself is what's in
this article I found online, a routine Reuters newsfeed business
item.  Just thought it'd have universal interest and appeal for
harp-l folks in particular.

There is some mention in the article of the irony of certain
brands of harmonica such as "Star" and "Victory" being made in a
plant that was about to go under, but I'm not sure where these
babies might wind up getting exported, or by whom (although the
names do have a vaguely familiar, entry-level ring to them. :)

I would defer to some of our Pacific Rim correspondents or import
experts for a more in-depth analysis of this late-breaking
harp-biz news. ;-)  B*