BAD Blow Note

HELP!

I was practicing harp tonight with my Marine Band harmonica (KEY of A), when I
began having problems with the 1-hole blow. While I am able to get a sound out
of it when I blow softly or slide from a 2-hole blow, a sudden attack on just
the 1-hole blow produces nothing at all! I opened up the harp and could not
find any debris which might be causing this problem. In the past, I have had
success prodding/poking the reeds (gently) to alleviate problems with
holes/notes. Does this problem sound familiar to anybody? Is it related to reed
offset? I would greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions as to what this
might be and how I can fix it. I finally 'broke in' this harp to where I don't
want to let it go without a fight....

Thanks,

Kurt Crandall