re:Tuned metal bodies (name of new Heavy Metal group??)

William Lippe <lippe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Tue, 18 Oct 1994 00:38:59 -0700
(PDT) stated:

>I can't believe these harps won't have odd volume shifts.  Bonking the comb
>and hearing a pling instead of a thunk just tells me "We did what we said
>we would do, now we just have to see what we did does."

I'd also like to hear more about how the thing resonates and what boundary
conditions the inventor considered, mechanical coupling, etc, even if by
trial and error and shaving,  but you have to believe he's thought of all
that (Steinberger did something like this with an one piece graphite solid
stick of a guitar that resonated nicely, or maybe more accurately, lessened
the decay of vibration for increase sustain). These new harps  probably
weigh a ton, though :)

And all this talk about just and equal and tidal waves and voices of reason
has given me reason to ponder the following ironic factoid:   Who wrote the
biggest single of all time - "I Will Always Love You"?  Hank Williams.
But who sang it?  Whitney Houston. Or how about this -- how much money will
Presley's kid be worth after she marries (.....and then divorces ?) Michael
Jackson? Move to the groove, Billy Boy ! :)

Regards,
Harv     haandruss@xxxxxxx - unreasonable opinions my own  - dB^)

PS - how much late nite TV do you watch anyway, Hugh??? :):)