Re: Lee Oskars?

At  8:12 AM 10/17/94 -0500, Rick Barker wrote:
>FJM Writes:
>>One of the reasons I like the Lee Oskar's is that they're not flat out of
>>the box like the Hohner's.
>
>This fact about Hohner's never ceases to amaze me. I've played
>Meisterklasse's for several years and don't buy new harps - I replace the
>reed plates. These "new" reed plates *always* need tuned and adjusted
>during installation.

Strangely enough ... intonation is just about the only thing I prefer about
Hohners to Lee Oskars.  Hohners (when they are in tune) have an intonation
that (for my ears) plays better chords ("well tempered") whereas the Lee
Oskar seems to have more "perfect" tuning.

Another example of different strokes fer different folks.

Oh, and all good race car drivers drive Williams McClaren, not Chevy ...

   -- hugh