Re: Bassman RI

8<

|  To other list members: Sorry about all the amp geeky posts. I get into
| this stuff.

Don't worry about it.  That's part of the benefit of the list for you
initiates.  Part of the benefit of the list for us uninitiates is that we get
to ask you guys boring basic stuff.  Which gives me a great excuse for doing
just that...

I am ready to buy my first amp and mic.  I want to be able to get a
'Chicago Blues' sound.  I want to know that when it doesn't sound right, I
don't have to worry about inadequate equipment and can just keep practicing.
I don't want to have to drastically customize anything at first (e.g.
replacing the internals).  I am prepared to buy something that I outgrow in
12-18 months if that is the best way to get started.  Alternatively, I would
pay more for equipment that would last me longer.

Any ideas?

+Richard

P.S. This might make a good FAQ item.