Re: My new amp!

>Also does anyone have any info on dating old Jensen speakers. I'd like to know
>more about mine.

Yes. Since you asked. A Jensen speaker will have a number stamped on the
frame that looks like this: 220122
The 220 is Jensen's mfg. number(indicating that the speaker is a Jensen in
case the label has come off). The last three digits are the actual date
code. In this example, the 122 means that the speaker was manufactured in
the 22nd week of 1951 or 1961 or ... you get the picture. An experienced
eye knows that the labels have changed over time or the approx. decade when
the amp was manufactured. I have a Gibson Discoverer(with 1-12") that I
take to blues jams(light and portable) and the date code is: 220201. By
looking at the label and knowing the approx. vintage of this amp, I know
that the speakers were manufactured in the first week of 1962. I also have
an old Gibson GA-30(with 1-8" and 1-12") that doesn't work(but will soon)
that have date codes of 220242. The label is different than on the
Discoverer and knowing that the pre-amp tubes are of an older variety(not
12AX7's), I know that these speakers were manufactured in 42nd week of
1952. At least I think so. Gibson was making amps before Fender and it's
possible(but not likely) that it was 1942. I'm expecting verification on
this soon.

So, there you have it. A quick course in dating Jensen speakers. Hey, it's
great stuff to impress your girlfriend with.