Re: clean pucker?

I can appreciate the difficulty in getting a clean single note.  Here's
something that might help.  Don't start out by trying to get a long sustained
single note.  Instead, go for a short burst like you would get from tapping a
piano key.  As you go for this short burst say the word "ta" on the blow
notes and "too" on the draw notes.  Also don't go for volume right away.
 Learn to play softly at first and let the volume come later.

I also appreciate your comments on practice places and times.  I'm interested
in what other players do.  I practice while driving especially when on long
trips on the open road by myself.  I also go for long walks with my harmonica
in semi-isolated areas.

Goo luck,

Jim C