Re: JT-30 JT-30VC and Blues Blaster

You shoud have 3 leads coming off of the cartridge, blue, black, and
red.  The red is the low impedance lead.  Cut it loose and insulate the
end.  The black lead from the cartridge is the high impedance lead.  The
blue lead is the case ground and audio return.  When youre done the red
should be not connected to anything.  the black should be wired to the
tip of the 1\4" connector and the blue should be the base of the
connector.  I lied in a previous post this actualy lowers the output of
the mic to about that of an Astatic.  More output distortion this way.
The impedance match for the amplifier if you're using tubes is way
better also.  Mines been wired this way since I bought it.   I got it
used.  I tried it balanced dual and balanced low a long while ago but I
hated the sound.  This is not the way Shure tells you to do it in their
literature.  This is the way that works.  FJM