RE: Bob Dylan

[re bob]

Hey ho, might as well throw my 2c worth in ...

I never appreciated Dylan's style until I saw him live last year in a
smallish (2000 seat) venue.  He played the firt set with an 'acoustic'
band, various permutations of stand up bass, Dobro, horn, drums, mandolin
and violin.  The harp was layed right back in the mix, and just acted as
kind of punctuation to the poetry.

For someone who can't sing, play harp or play guitar very well, he's done OK!

   -- hugh

PS.  The Almond Brothers are playing the same venue next month, should be
good.  I'll be in line at 8am this Saturday for tickets!