ohdarnhe'sback

I've just been reading the last several weeks of postings and have a few
comments to make.  Green Bullets in the stock configuration are indeed
dual impedance.  They lack that bark and bite that so many players are
seeking.  They can easily be made into high impedance only microphones.
Just cut the low impedance lead and wrap it with tape or heat shrink
tubing.  This solves the sound problem and also eliminates a lot of the
feedback problem.  William Clarke did used to play a Shure with an
Astatic element.  He doesn't currently.  He didn't use that configuration
for long.  He says someone heard he did that and wrote something about
it.  (Pete Sheridan) And the legeng began.  He was using an off the shelf
Astatic when I saw him about 6 months ago.  He says he's always changing
microphones so there's no way to know what he's playing on any given
night.  When I last saw Mr. Clarke he was playing 1248 Super Chromonicas
exclusively for chromatic work.  By the way, Mr. Clarke is quite
approachable.  Aside from being a bit too self depracating he's the
nicest guy you'd want to meet.  Don't hesitate to talk to him after a
gig.  Common courtesey applies of course.  FJM not barry