Re: Harp and the NOSE

At 10:53 AM 10/5/94 -0700, William Lippe wrote:
>On Wed, 5 Oct 1994, Mike Parr wrote:
>> Hi from Mike
>> Anyway, when I 'draw', my nose is blocked off - BUT, if I
>> consciously try to breath a little through my nose, the
>> flap opens, and the benefit is that the note produced is
>> normal, whereas before, espec on 2 draw, it was slightly
>> flat.
>>     Mike Parr
>        I think if you use a tuner or osciliscope or whatever you have
>lying around the basement, you'll find that the note isn't flat, but is
>just "filtered" differently.

I've tried this experiment with a chromatic tuner, and a diatonic will
flatten out when you close off your dose on draw dotes.  If you use very
little breath the flattening is not noticeable, but the more breath you use
the flatter the note will get.  This is of course my personaly experience -
your mileage may vary.

   -- hugh