Harp and the NOSE

Hi from Mike
Know when you snore (or pretend to) - I guess the soft
palette at the upper back of your mouth vibrates - you
may be able to feel it 'clicking' open/shut.  I guess
one of its purposes is to stop beer going back up your nose!!

Anyway, when I 'draw', my nose is blocked off - BUT, if I
consciously try to breath a little through my nose, the
flap opens, and the benefit is that the note produced is
normal, whereas before, espec on 2 draw, it was slightly
flat.

Any ideas?

Oh yes, the harp-l label.  A London firm is just about to
offfer a cheap service of downloading CD qual recordings
of lesser - known artists , over the net.  Any interest?

    Mike Parr
(....   if it wasn't for good luck ....  )