Re: what do you guys say?

>eric clapton came up
>with a new blues album! and i didn't even know about it. can you guys
>give me your opinion or review on this album? any great harp playing on it?

Surprised nobody else piped in.  Lots of chatter in blues-l about this one,
both good and bad. This thing is number one on the album charts! Stevie Ray
never got this far on covers (someone saaid he would have been 40 today)
WOW!! :O

Jerry Portnoy is featured on blues harp.  Others know a lot more about his
work with Muddy Waters, etc.

IMHO (be kind if I messed up on keys, or if you don't agree :),

Coolest harp cuts ('my fave' order):

Standing Round Crying (key of F - good phrasing)
Groaning the Blues (A - cool warble bends)
Blues Leave Me Alone (E - nice percussive effects, big bends, most melodic
harp on CD)
Goin' Away Baby (A - Sonny Terry-ish)
Five Long Years (A - Nice sliding warbles)

Others with harp, but not highlighted as much (backing, or just main riff):

Hoochie Coochie Man (A)
Third Degree (D)
How Long Blues (E)

Other harp keys of interest for the album: Db (2 slide songs),D,G,F.

Regards,                  haandruss@xxxxxxx
Harv                      *Opinions my own*