Modular Special 20's

TO: internet:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tim Moody asks about a rumor re MS Special 20's being sold
outside the U.S.

Yes, it's true. European subscribers have been bitching to me
that they can't get "real" Special 20's over there. The only
"hand-made" instrument universally available is the Golden
Melody, which has not been adapted to MS, probably because of its
unique shape, which is also the shape used by Hohner for its
centennial edition harp in 1957.

All other diatonic Hohner harps outside the US (and possibly
Canada) are now completely MS, from the reports I've heard. The
only reason we get handmade 1896 Marine Bands and Special 20's is
that Hohner USA refused to buy them, knowing that US players
would hate them.

Winslow