Re: Eddie Clearwater and Eddie Burks concert

>Sounds like we'd better hope old Eddie doesn't get a modem and connectivity
>to Harp-l for Christmas...or a lot of noses may be at risk. Hey, man I just
>know what I read on the information highway!!!!
>
>Jim
There are a whole lot of people out there playing the blues that are the real deal.
These are the people who deserve our admiration, and attention and money.
I get really ticked off when somebody comes along like EB who bills himself
as Chicago's Best Kept Secret and runs around the world pulling the wool over
the eyes of a general populace that thinks blues is something that old black men
play, "so he must be great."  The ironic thing is that there is a guy in the Encyclopedia
of Blues called Jewtown Burks, a player from the '50s.  He had  one hit.  I can't
remember the name of it, but is this the same guy?  I will say that EB has a great
voice, but that isn't enough when you bill yourself as a harp player and the band
you bring all the way from Chi-Town sounds like they haven't learned how to
play their instruments!

Bernie Clarke
"Don't start me to talkin', I'll tell everything I know" - SBWII