Re: Vests and Belts

On Mon, 28 Nov 1994, Ben Majchrzak wrote:

> Harp Gurus-
>
> I've seen how most harp players have vests or belts to carry their harps
> in.  I want one.  Does anyone have a good recipe for constructing a vest or
> a belt that can carry up to seven or eight harps at once?  I'm tired of
> setting them on my amp where they always get knocked on the floor and
> kicked around.  Any ideas would be great

   Here's several:
   Look for ammunition pouches of suitable size at your friendly
neighborhood military surplus store. Several harp players like 'em.
   Also, Hohner and several other manufacturers make harp belts. Contact
Kevin's Harps at 1-800-274-2776 for info and prices.
   Or, get a case. Fly fishing boxes are good cases (several folks I know
use 'em) and Hohner makes a custom harp case (which I personally use).
Usually, when I play on stage, I open the case and leave it on a music
stand that I've tilted so the top is horizontal. Works great.