RE: Harp that looks like a UFO

Steve Jennings wrote...

>Sounds like a Chromonica II to me. The wording on the coverplates is
>M. Hohner Chromonica II Deluxe. As Jack said, it's basically a 270
>(didn't knoe they'd made a 10 hole), encased in a large amount of
>excess metal. I got mine new a few years back when Hohner UK cleared
>out their old stock, and I've played it once. Apart from the problems
>with the slide sticking, it's also very noisy.
>Again, I agree with Jack - collectable, but not playable.

Thanks for the additional input Steve.
Dr. Harp called me back to let me know that this harmonica did come in three
versions. 10 hole (260 like), 12 hole (270 like), and 16 hole (280 like). He
has the 10 and 12 hole in his collection but found pictures of all three.

       Jack Ely - Columbus, Ohio  --New Addr--> IMS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx