My first public performance.

Hello all-
Been a lurker here for all of a week and a half.  This is a great list.  Great
info, and despite an occasional spat, everybody seems to be pretty supportive.
I thought I'd share with you my first performance; maybe it'll go the way of
the "worst gig"thread.  I'd be surprised if this thread hasn't happened before,
and if it's fairly common, no need to continue it.

Anyway, the short of it I was at a bar (Tar & Feathers in SF) one evening and
the bar's staple acoustic guitar player/singer Katie Rose was lamenting the
fact that both her drummer and bass player and bagged on the evening.  Now I've
been playing a good 22 mos, usually an hour a day including the car practice.
I was showing my buddy Drew that I could play along with her, when next thing
I know but 2 women are demanding that I go up and join Katie.  I was petrified.
Very.  I told them I really didn't want to empty the bar that early, but no
avail.  They went up and told Katie.  Alas, then the whole place is chanting
for me to go up there.  With nothin' but an A Special 20 to my name, I did know
enough to suggest she play something bluesy in E, which she did.  I don't know
what tune, had never heard it, was hammered or all 3.  At the end I got a
standing ovation, either because they didn't know blues, I was done or it was
good ;).  Maybe all 3 again.  What a headrush though, just a bit of an
egotrip too (:.  Those 2 women bought me shots later.  The hell with calling'em
harps.  Let's call'em "babe magnets".  (or "dude lures", depending on gender,
persuasion, etc.)  Regards, - Harpo Mark  PS) Sorry if too verbose.