Tombo Ultimo

    I just received my TOMBO Ultimo harmonica thanks to the efforts of Hugh
    Messenger. I thought I would post my first impressions. I will leave
    comments as to playing, tuning etc., to the experts.

    a). DESIGN: I was expecting to see a LEE OSKAR harmonica without his name
    	on it (as in other Tombo diatonics I've seen). I was quite surprised
    	to see a totally different design. Not unlike a Hohner Meisterklas or
    	a Suzuki Pro harp in design and feel. Rounded cover-plates with very
    	narrow opening at the bottom. Rounded corners. Seemingly very air
    	tight - the cover-plates are smoothly formed and close fitted.

    b). HEFT: Even though the comb is plastic I felt like I was hefting a
    	Meisterklas. Has a good heavy (yet not boat anchor) feel to it.
    	I can only attribute this to the claimed heavier reed plates, reeds,
    	and the brass coverplates. Looking at the reeds, without taking the
    	covers off, they do look very thick - at least at the rivet pads.

    c). This is not an attemt to claim the Ultimo is better or worse than the
    	Lee Oskar models - just different.

         Jack Ely - Columbus, Ohio  --New Addr--> IMS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx