ATTN: All Harp-l'ers - Important

Attention *ALL* fellow Harp-l'ers
---------------------------------

With your help, comprehensive lists of the most influential harmonica players,
albums and songs, as determined by Harp-l'ers, will be added to the
HarmoniGopher.

Lurkers and non-lurkers alike are encouraged to submit the five (5) harmonica
artists, albums and songs that most influenced or influences the way they play
today.

That's right -- the 5 harmonica artists, albums and songs that most trips your
trigger.

We want to hear from everybody -- from the seasoned pro to those who bought a
harmonica yesterday. Everybody's vote counts!

It is NOT REQUIRED to list 5 in each category, but NO MORE than 5.  An
unbiased volunteer (me) will objectively compile the info, post it to the
list and place it permanently in the HarmoniGopher archives.

The 5 artists, albums and songs in each category will all be weighted
equally (please don't bother ranking your choices). Those with the most
votes will be at the top of the lists, but all submissions will be included
on the lists.

This is not a personality contest nor should you list artists, albums and
songs that "oughta" be on the lists.  The lists will reflect the reasons we
picked up a harp in the first place and led us to play the way we do today.

These lists are not limited to blues - all musical catagories are valid.
Recordings should be limited to released material so that there is
reasonable
availability(out of print recordings are definitely valid selections).  Also,
this is not like voting for the NBA All-Stars - only one vote per Harp-l'er(no
stuffing the ballot box).

These lists will serve as valuable reference material for current and
future Harp-l'ers.

Please return submissions to me no later than Monday, November 28, 1994.

           ***ATTENTION***
Submit your selections to me, Rick Barker at:

        rocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and *NOT* to Harp-l

Please use the following format:

Most Influential Harmonica Players
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

Most Influential Albums(Album Title, Band Name, Harmonica Player)
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

Most Influential Songs(Song Title, Album, Band Name, Harmonica Player)
1.
2.
3.
4.