Re: Theory/Intent

> I hope people aren't bugging off harp-l
>because of these little debates.
>The traffic here isn't 1/4th that of a blues-l.

Harp-L is the friendliest place I've ever been in the internet.
If you want to see venom and petty arguments, check out
Blues-L. This is suprising as there are a good variety of
musical preferences here. Although there is a heavy
emphasis on blues, there is also alot of country and
bluegrass and irish and Jazz and traditional and
whatever around.

I think playing the harp provides a lot of common ground. I
like blues, but when I hear Larry Adler or the Harmonicats
or the Harmonica Rascals, my impression is: "How can
Music, which I should dislike, sound so good?" It's the
universality of the Harmonica. I am sure that there are
some guys here who get off playin Peg O' My Heart who
have a great deal of respect for Little Walter. They might
not play his tapes while driving in the car, but they get that
chill in the spine when he plays, just like I get.

The recent "Problems" just proves that our ability to
communicate well is not always at 100%, that's all. Typing
is a drag. It's hard to hear tone of voice or winks of the
eye over the modem.

 Keith