Re: Returning a chromatic?

On Sat, 21 May 1994, Steven D. Levine wrote:

> I know that music stores aren't legally allowed to take back
> harmonicas that have already been played, but they made the mistake here.
> What if I had mail ordered it and it was the wrong key? Should I try to
> make them take it back and give me a C, or write to Hohner? Has this ever
> happened to anyone else on the list?
>
> Also, I got Kim Field's book today, plus a Gary Primich album and Billy
> Boy Arnold's new one. The book looks great and I can't wait to read it
>  -Steve

	While stores aren't allowed to take back a harp and _resell_ it,
they sure can take it back and be forced to absorb the cost, or if
there is a rational (not to mention _very_ nice) manager, maybe even give
you the right one for a discount, or (yeah right) the one in C for free.
That's a pretty stupid mistake IMHO...

The book is great.. I've educated every harp player I know on the finer
points of the Sonny Boy Williamson Saga, and bought several of the disks
Kim recommends in the partial discography in the back.  Good luck on your
return/exchange, I know I'd like to do that with my Chrometta 12.(Blech)