Re: Texas Harmonica Greats

> From:          ficara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ken Ficara)

>...There's a Sonny Boy Williamson track on it that I don't recognize
> (Sonny's Rhythm) and another by "Sonny Boy Terry" which has got me wondering
> if these folks know what they're doing. Anyone?

I think "Sonny's Rhythm" was the instrumental that Lillian McMurry (of
Trumpet Records) leased to Ace Records - it was the flip side of the
Ace single "No More Nights by Myself" (which BTW was essentially the
same song as "Mighty Long Time").  It's not bad, but I wouldn't call
it one of SBW's best efforts.  EW

Eliot C. Williams
University of Wisconsin Medical School
ecwillms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx