Re: High end harp' (add.)

:  Ooops, forgot to include this piece of information.  The shaker
:microphone does have a volume control, but it's wired badly (I think).
:The first 7 positions turn it on quietly but there isn't much change
:between settings.  The 8th-11th positions makes the sound suddenly louder
:and very bright, but with little change between positions.
:
:  I think I remember someone talking about this happening because the
:potentiometer is not wired as efficiently as it could be.
:
:--Norbert

Norbert,
    It sounds like the pot in your mic is an audio taper pot. I usually use
a linear pot. Sound electronics people feel that you should use audio taper
pot on microphones, which has some truth, but a linear works better for a
harp player. If it is not an audio taper pot, maybe there is something
miswired in your mic. You ought to give Shaker a call and ask them what
kind of pot they use, linear, or audio taper. Their number is 602 786-9383. I
hear they are really nice folks there.

Tim Moody
MississippiSaxophone