Re: Bending hole 5

Tim writes
> The MAJORITY of reed movement on a bend is on the reed you are really
> trying to use( blow for blow or draw for draw).

This is emphatically false! At the bottom of the bend (pitch wise)
all the vibration is in the opposite reed (blow for draw). You can
verify this by playing with the covers off - at the bottom of the bend
you can put your finger on the normal reed (draw for draw bend) and
it makes no difference to the sound! It is not making any significant
contribution.
This is my whole point about reed damage. In this condition you
should be able to over stress the blow reed.
Johno