BHF '94

    Chris,

    	Feel free to put this on the GOPHER if you feel it is proper.

    								Thanks, Jack
--- Begin Message ---
                       Announcing BHF '94 - APRIL 8-9, 1994

    PLACE: Martin Janis Center
           State Fairgrounds (Gate #9 - just West of the OHIO main gate)
           600 E. 11th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43211

    	|             BUCKEYE HARMONICA FESTIVAL '94               |
    	|           "A GATHERING OF HARMONICA FRIENDS"             |
    	|Two days of renewing and making new friendships with some |
    	|of our favorite harmonica friends from around the country.|
    	|   -OPEN STAGE    -SEMINARS    -MEET DR. HARP    -FOOD    |
    	| -DOOR PRIZES -VENDOR TABLE (F&R FARRELL) -ENTERTAINMENT! |
    	|   FULL TWO DAY PACKAGE $60.00 - INCLUDES LUNCH & DINNER  |
    	|EVENTS ALL DAY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY 10:00 A.M. - 10:00 P.M.|
    	| -OPEN STAGE (this is your time, just sign up and play)   |
        | -SPECIAL FOR EARLYBIRDS TUESDAY 4-5-94 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM |
        |   "SHORT HARP SIG" With Eddie Gordon                     |
        |   Also, Wednesday 4-6-94 7 - 10 P.M. Eddie Gordon will be|
        |   with us for a special seminar/Q&A period for chromatics|
        |   or any other harp questions - chord, bass, etc.        |
    	| -SEMINARS (Saturday - Times TBA)                         |
    	|   "ASK THE PROS" A panel of professionals to answer your |
    	|    harmonica or show biz questions.                      |
    	| -FOOD -FULL PACKAGE FESTIVAL PRICE INCLUDES FOOD. WE URGE|
    	|   EARLY REGISTRATION. SEE TICKET INFORMATION BELOW.      |
    	| -DOOR PRIZES - RAFFLES by Paul Metris the "Raffle King". |
    	| -VENDOR TABLE - harmonicas, instructional material, tapes|
    	| -ENTERTAINMENT! Gala Shows Friday and Saturday night.    |
    	|  FRIDAY 7:00-10:30 PM Harmonica Chas will present an     |
     	|  interlude of chord harmonica solos, Harmonica Junction  |
    	|  (aka The Qwazy Quintet), Mo Vint and Mo Vint and Mo..., |
    	|  John Murphy (National Harmonica Champion of Ireland),   |
        |  and... featuring The Don Les Harmonicats from Chicago   |
        |  SATURDAY 7:00-10:30 PM Harmonica Chas opens again, The  |
        |  Harmonica Hot Shots (Al Smith & Judy Simpson), Special  |
        |  guest from Fresno, CA the incomparable Eddie Gordon will|
        |  play them all - chromatic, diatonic, chord, Millioniser |
        |  harmonetta and maybe even have something we havn't heard|
        |  of yet. Our feature artist for Saturday night will be   |
        |  famed jazz chromatic harmonicist Ron Kalina from LA. -  |
        |  Ron will not only display his harmonica talents but show|
        |  us how to get around a keyboard plus do a full orchestra|
        |  performance with the help of a little black box called a|
        |  Yamaha QY20 - an amazing device the size of a VHS tape. |
    	| -LODGING INFORMATION (PLEASE MAKE YOUR OWN RESERVATIONS) |
    	|A. BEST WESTERN COLUMBUS NORTH 888 E. Dublin-Granville Rd.|
        |   (Rt. 161 West of I71)    Exit # 117                    |
    	|   $44 + taxes = 50.93/day 1-4 occup. (614) 888 - 8230    |
    	|B. DAY'S INN FAIRGROUND (I-71 & 17th Ave.) No Restaurant  |<-closest!
    	|   $39 + taxes = 45.15/day 1-4 occup. (614) 299 - 4300    | (1 MILE)
        |   Complimentary Coffee & Donuts in the morning           | from the
    	|                                                          |  Janis
    	|  MENTION BHF '94 TO GET ABOVE RATES - DEADLINE 3/24/94   |  Center
                            +----------------------------+
                            | BHF '92 Ticket Coordinator |
                            | c/o Katy Anderson          |
             TICKETS:-->    | 600 Water Street           |
                            | P. O. Box 366              |
                            | Philo, Ohio 43771-9710     |
                            |                            |
                            |   phone (614) 674-4796     |
                            +----------------------------+

    Note: Send me your surface mail address and I will see that you receive a
        festival registration packet and add you to our list of 1,800+ names.
    ADDITIONAL NOTE: Immediatley after the BHF '94 weekend in Columbus there
    will be a comprehensive five day seminar for chromatic, bass and chord
    harmonicas in Akron, Ohio (about 100 miles from Columbus) APRIL 11 - 15
    DETAILS ARE IN OUR BHF '94 FESTIVAL PACKETS - OR CALL SIMPSON & SMITH
    IN AKRON FOR MORE INFORMATION (216) 659-6458 - OR CONTACT ME...
                                                                   JACK ELY
    + Jack N. Ely, Operations Mgr.    Internet: SYS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx +
    + Ohio Department of Education              ely.j@xxxxxxxxxxxxx          +
    + Information Management Services   BITNET: N/A                          +
    + 2151 Carmack Road                   UUCP: mecsys!ely                   +
    + Columbus, Ohio 43221           Voice: (614)466-7000 FAX: (614)466-0022 +
    +"Have harmonica, will travel."                  [|OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|]=<] +
    +  Wire Cat Daddy, Columbus                      /_________________/     +
    +                                            Buckeye State Harmonica Club+
    +"If Music is the international language,           Columbus, Ohio       +
    + then why not the harmonica to speak it?"                               +

--- End Message ---