Re: Harp Synthesizers

> -------->
> What you _may_ have heard, (I really never payed attention to any harp in
> that song) is a pedal which uses octave shifts.  I just sold a Boss OC-2
> Octave down pedal, which adds a synthesized tone one or two octaves below
> the original signal.  It's a single line tracking unit, so chords confuse
> it, and the octave tones bear no relation to the original tone of the
> harp.  Octave up and octave distortion pedals (Re: The New Experience
> pedal) also exist.

When I first found  the Boss OC-2 I thought, Cool beans!!!  But,  The OC-2
does not copmare  to the Boss PS-2 it's apitch shifting pedal that lets
you play an octave higher or lower or any other interval you may want.  It
is also useful as a digital delay or chorus pedal, and becdause of it's
D/A converter it produces a  fairly clean shound through all the octaves
(not just the middle like on the OC-2)

For any one interested in effects for the harmonica this is worth checking
out.  The easiest way to find whats best is, bring a mic, and a few harps
to the local guitar store and plug in.

Has anyone seen Lee Oskar lately?  His command over those effect units is
simply amazing.

-Chris Michalek