Re: Harmonica Heaven and the SPAH Convention

...I'm not planning on going to the SPAH convention but I used to live
in Memphis, so I can recommend some "colorful" places to go for a
get-together. There are quite a few places in the Overton Square/Midtown
area that should be quieter than the Beale Street scene...one of my faves
was a place called Huey's on Poplar Street in Midtown. Be sure and ask 'em
how all those toothpicks got stuck in the ceiling.
 Also, if you're more adventurous, there's a nearby place called the P&H
Cafe. It's a hangout for writers, journalists and artist types. There's
huge editorial cartoons painted on the ceiling...cold beer...a pool table
and shuffleboard...and the world's least comfortable booths. It's a great
place.