Re: An easier instrument to play?

Jim---

For the first year or so, use whatever works for you. You'll find that with
time you'll be able to play on many different keys without finding that any
are more difficult than others. The first year I played, I preferred the
higher pitched harps, like the D or the F--they seemed more responsive to me.
Now they tend to sound shrill to me, and I tend to go to first position on
a lower harp instead. You're on the right track to keep trying several keys,
but when beginners find a harp that suits them better than others, they should
spend time with it so they make progress--which is what keeps beginners from
becoming frustrated and giving up. But I think you'll find that with time
you'll become comfortable on many keys.

--Kim Field