Re: Kim Wilson

G.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>> Harvey Andruss--
>>
>> The fragment was the end of the last sentence of my posting. The basic
>> sense of my comments was that I find it disappointing that some harp
>> players seem to in some sense enjoy its reputation as an outcast instrument.
>

>Well, speaking for myself, I was of the oppinion that Chris was indulging
>in a small joke there.

Yes, I was.

>It does not do to belittle art in anyway, but by the same token, it does
>not do to take things too much to heart either.

I agree completely.  I hold ALL Styles of Music, all types of Musical
Instruments, and all Musicians in the Highest regard.

>One MUST be able to laugh at one's self, or one becomes an intense bore.

A concept that I have Always believed in.

But I do believe that some-to-many harp players do have an "Outcast"
mentality.  Whether they enjoy having it or not, I don't know.  But
the ones I know seem to thrive on the fact that they are the "Loners"
of the Musical world (that's part of what I was trying to say before).

Electronic mail is a great technological advance, but there is still a
LONG way to go when it comes to expressing Tone and Feeling through
it.

=:)   <---  Let's all be happy (I am)!!!

Chris