I've lost my keys!

> What different methods to people use to determine what key a song is in,
> when you want to play along to a tape, etc...?
I have used several methods.  Asking the guitar player is what I usually
do if I have a live guitar player to ask.  When trying to play along with
records, the important first thing is to figure out what key the tune is
being played in.  Sometimes I just pick up a few harps and give each a
try.  Other times I'll try to pick out the melody on the piano and note
what key it is being played in.  A third method is to find the note last
played in the "refrain' of the tune or the last note of the entire tune.
Most tunes end on the same note as the key they are being played in.
<From there one can try to figure out what position to play in or what
position the harpist is playing in.