Re: Saxaphone

> tony_m <morielli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >

> >Everyone on this list plays the mississipi saxaphone.  I was just
> >wondering if anyone had any favorite "regular" saxaphone artists or
> >albums they listen to specifically for blues harp inspiration.  I know one
> >professional harp guy who suggested Gene Ammons "Blue Gene" (Prestige
> >7146).  Any others?
>
> I don't know too much about the saxaphone, but I like a couple of
> people.  Kenny G is ok, but I don't listen to him a WHOLE bunch
> (what's the difference between his saxaphone and the bent ones???
> Told you I don't know much...that is a sax?  Isn't it?).
>
> The person I REALLY like is David Koz.  He's pretty young but he's got
> a great sound.
>
> Hmmm.  There is also a female saxaphonist that is supposed to be
> hitting pretty big now.  I haven't heard her yet (and I can't remember
> her name), but supposedly she is really good.
>
> Chris

-Sonny Rollins  (his recordings for Bluenote would be my favorite)

-Dexter Gordon  (especially "Doin' Alright" and "Go")

-Eddie Cleanhead Vinson  (blues sax extrordinaire)

-John Coltrane  ("Blue Trane" definitely)

I consider myself to be a novice (mostly play alone in private) as
my harmonica abilities are painfully limited, but I like to think that
the recordings of these great artists have some impact on the way I play.

Dan			danallen@xxxxxxxxxxx