I've lost my keys!

Tony Morielli writes:
> I have found that thoroughly soaking the comb with
> Dow Corning 200 polydimethylsiloxane (the same silicone they inject into
> peoples lips etc.) completely prevents swelling......
> ....Does anyone else do this?

But of course, Tony!  Doesn't *everyone* soak their harps in
Dow Corning 200 polydimethylsiloxane?  =o)
(sorry -- couldn't resist)

Okay, but actually, my question is about FINDING KEYS.

Simply put:
What different methods to people use to determine what key a song is in,
when you want to play along to a tape, etc...?

And then a more detailed version of the same question...
I've been told that a good way to get better is to listen to tapes and try
and play along.  Well, that's just fine, and I've tried, but I have
troubles determining what *key* the songs are being played in, and thus,
which of my 3 harps I should try and use to play along.  I've got a
C, A, and G harp, and an 8-hole chromatic.  Mostly I'll just start
up the tape, pull out the 3 diatonics, and try and see if I can get the
notes that are being played on each harp.  However, this doesn't seem to
work very well for me.  On one occassion I was convinced that a certain
song just had to be done on harp X, with some insane bending that I just
couldn't quite get.  Then one day I was fiddling around, and found out that
if I used the upper holes of harp Y, I could get the song out without the
insane bends.  Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions
as to how to go about this in a more sensible manner.

Also:  I can bend 3-draw on a C harp fairly well, but G and A still suck.
Is it just more practice, or what?

Also2:  If I buy a new harp, what key should I get?  (Currently I'm just
trying to play along with records, and occasionally getting together with
a guitar player to attempt to jam.  The guitar player is sorta just
beginning as well, and has said that it's easier for him to play in
e.g. E than in G  (so I play on my A harp instead of my C).)  So with
those things in mind, what do people suggest?

Thanks in advance....

*                              * "By twisting, pulling & spinning sports   *
*  Paul V. Brown               *  resulting in not only getting enter-     *
*  paul.v.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  *  tainment but also training arms & breast *
*  puh. +358 31 2407 375       *  available for health"                    *
*                              *      --instructions on toy from Taiwan    *