Re: Saxaphone

tony_m <morielli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>Everyone on this list plays the mississipi saxaphone.  I was just
>wondering if anyone had any favorite "regular" saxaphone artists or
>albums they listen to specifically for blues harp inspiration.  I know one
>professional harp guy who suggested Gene Ammons "Blue Gene" (Prestige
>7146).  Any others?

I don't know too much about the saxaphone, but I like a couple of
people.  Kenny G is ok, but I don't listen to him a WHOLE bunch
(what's the difference between his saxaphone and the bent ones???
Told you I don't know much...that is a sax?  Isn't it?).

The person I REALLY like is David Koz.  He's pretty young but he's got
a great sound.

Hmmm.  There is also a female saxaphonist that is supposed to be
hitting pretty big now.  I haven't heard her yet (and I can't remember
her name), but supposedly she is really good.

Chris