Our RFD Has been submitted!

Hello fellow Harpers!  I have submitted our Request For Discussion to the
News.Announce.Newsgroups area of Usenet.  There are several other areas in
which I submitted the RFD for posting.  Those groups are:
	rec.music.classical		rec.music.christian
	rec.music.makers		rec.music.info
	rec.music.folk			rec.music.dylan

My hope is to stimulate interest from these groups to help get us the
necessary votes to get acceptance of our proposed group:

		REC.MUSIC.MAKERS.HARMONICA

We all need to watch for the discussion to begin and go to all of our
USENET friends and solicit their votes.  Anyone can vote on our RFD once
it comes up for a vote--approx. one month.

Well, without any further adue...........

Request For Discussion (RFD) : REC.MUSIC.MAKERS.HARMONICA

This is a formal request for discussion on the subject of creating the
unmoderated newsgroup rec.music.makers.harmonica.  Discussion will take place
in the newsgroup rec.music.makers.

STATUS:  Unmoderated

JUSTIFICATION:  The harmonica is a musical instrument which has a large
interest base of computer/internet users.  The proposed new group,
rec.music.makers.harmonica, will provide harmonica players as well as
interested general public an opportunity to discuss and share the
information available on performance techniques, available sound recordings,
performance reviews, et.al.

RATIONALE:  There are over 150 harmonica players and enthusiasts, that we
currently know about, registered on an internet mailing list called Harp-L.
Harp-L is hosted by the Western Kentucky University, and under the watchful
eye of Chris Pierce.  On Harp-L, there are over 10 postings per day!  Each
and everyday brings an average of 3 subscriptions to the list.  There is
clearly a great interest in the topic.  Every day, Chris Pierce sends out a
digest of at least 400 lines long and they've been getting longer!  This is a
task which must not be the burden of one person any longer.  It is the
opinion of myself and my fellow harmonica players on the Harp-L list, that
the topic deserves consideration to become a rec group.

CHARTER:  Rec.music.makers.harmonica will be dedicated to the discussion of
ALL topics related to the harmonica.  Including, but not limited to:

        Harmonica Techniques,           Reed Tuning,
        Comb Repair,                    Cross Harp,
        Chromatic Harmonicas,           Book Reviews,
        Accompanyment Harmonicas,       Amplification Techniques,
        Amplification Systems,          Sound Recordings,
        Harmonica Manufacturers,        Harmonica Repairmen,

That is the RFD as it was posted.

P.S.:  Thanks Chris for your help with Harp-L information!

--
George Miklas, Bass Harmonicist, Jerry Murad's Harmonicats
E-Mail:   ah567@xxxxxxxxxxx   Music SIG: xx102@xxxxxxxxxxx