Harp-L-Digest AND Harp-L Newsgroup

marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Marc A Dashevsky) writes:

>While we're voting, I guess I should get my vote in for a digest.

Gosh, I never knew we decided to vote on this.  Hhmmmm....

=:)

>__Marc
>
>P.S.  Chris--Do you need help tracking down software to manage a digest?
>      I can contact managers of other lists to find out what they use.

I've taken care of it, but thanks for the offer.

While I'm at it I thought I would take a second to bring up the
Newsgroup possibility.  Anyone out there willing to be the spokesperson
for Harp-L in the News.announce.newsgroups newsgroup?  Anyone ever been
involved with the politics in getting an "Official" newsgroup created?

Like I said before Christmas, I would like to have a REC group or
something like that.  I would prefer NOT to have an ALT group.  Just a
personal opinion.

For people that don't know or don't remember, our idea is to create a
good, STABLE newsgroup (ALT's are NOT stable and are not considered
"Legitimate" newsgroups) that can be mirrored off of Harp-L.  That way
users can either be on the Mailing list (since some people do not have
access to the USENET) and others can be in on the discussions via the
Newsgroup (which would cut down on the amount of disk space used for
each person).  That way everyone can have their own choice.  I think
that this is the best way to go.

Any volunteers?

Chris
pierccm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx