re: note bending

> Gordon asks about the terminology of "harp/harmonica".
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it depend on the number of reeds
> per hole?
>
> Chris McConnell
> 459045@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chris,
	I'm not sure fi I actually asked about the terminology in that way.
I my mind It is fairly clear.

Larry Adler said that as far has he is concerned HE plays mouth organ, NOT
harmonica.

What he is getting at is the snobery in volved in the terminology.
After all, fi ANYONE played harmonica in my oppinion it's him!

So, I guess I'm saying that harp and harmonica are fully interchangable.

Really, what I was perhaps getting at was more a "I wonder how the term
mouth harp [and then harp by contraction] came into being"?

I suppose it's lost in the depths of time and some old, black bluesmen now.

Sorry if I did not explain myself very well, It's this damn interactive
network typing you know.

Well that's my excuse, and i'm sticking to it!

Gordon