Re: Tongue Blocking, Tone & Paul de Lay

> I can't play, for example, blow 1 and 4 simultaneously (this is a very
> folk-sounding effect; there must be a name for it).

The only time I tongue block is for wide intervals (octaves, sevenths, etc.).
It's funny, I learned tongue-blocking because that's what the little piece
of paper that came with Marine Bands said to use.  Then, Tony Glover's (?)
old book told me to purse my lips, so I switched and that's what I've been
using all these years.  When I realized that I was hearing some wide intervals
in the Chicago blues I was listening to, I figured tongue blocking was the
only way to accomplish it.  After all this discussion about tongue blocking,
I tried it again.  I feel like I'm learning harp all over again.  Back
to pursing, except for octaves!

__Marc

P.S.  Where's all my help in finding a place to repair my chromatics?
      I thought you were all my friends ;-).