Feedback/Super Reverb

A Super Reverb is not the same as a 4-10 Bassman.  The circuit is not the
same.  The Silverface Supers use a different biasing system for the
preamp.  The speakers aren't alnico 5 and therefore sound radically
different than the later ceramic Jensens.  The output transformer is a
plastic bobbin type and much less efficent than the older Triad types
used in the Bassman.  The reverb exaccerbates feedback problems.  The EQ
on the tone controls isn't the same.  The Super lacks a presence
circuit.  Presence gives you bite without feedback.  To compare the 2
amplifiers directly is unfair and misleading.  A Bassman at 3 is
seriously loud.  That's not true of a Concert another 4-10 Fender
amplifier of the same era.  I don't own a Super so I can't say for sure
but I expect that they're more like the Concerts than the Bassman.  The
only thing you could say about the 3 amplifiers is that they're all
4-10's made by Fender.  FJM