Re: Ignorant chromatic question

    >>What is the difference between a Hohner 270 and a 260?

    >I have the Hohner 260 and it's a 10 hole chromatic, I think the 270 is a
    >12 hole. I remember that after I had bought my 260 that the 270 was only
    >10 bucks more or something.
    >						Dave
    -------------------------------------

    (Michael, I just read your post. Dave is right one is 10 hole the other is
    12 hole).

    You're right Dave. The 270 is a twelve hole - 3 octave chromatic.
    (The 260 has 10 holes - 2 1/2 octaves). Both start at middle C (if they
    are C harmonicas of course). They are available in some other keys.
    Construction is essentially the same on both models. Wood comb, reed
    plates are nailed onto the comb. Both are good quality instruments.

    P.S. There are no ignorant questons. This list is for everyone, whatever
    your level of harmonica expertise.

          Jack Ely - Columbus, Ohio              SYS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx