Re: First Blues CD

On Mon, 29 Aug 1994 dvandoornik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>      Re: One blues CD
>
>           My suggestion for your one and only blues CD would be the
>      "Harmonica Classics" disk from the Blues Masters series.  It contains
>      a great variety of harp players, and will give you a good sampling of
>      different styles of blues harp.  I think it was released by Rhino
>      Records.
>
>      Don Van Doornik

You've got me waffling now.  Harmonica classics is an excellent
suggestion.  Blues Masters the Essential Blues Collection Volume 4.
Released on Rhino 271124.  It includes the following selections.

Little Walter and his Nightcats, Juke
Jimmy Reed, Odds and Ends
Jimmy Cotton Blues Quartet, Rocket 88
Sonny Boy Williamson, Help Me
Jr. Wells Chicago Blues Band, Messin' with the Kid
Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Blues with a Feeling
Lazy Lester, Sugar Coated Love
Jerry McCain, Steady
Howlin' Wolf, I'll be Around
Biully Boy Arnold, I was Fooled
Big John Wrencher with Joe Carter, Take a Walk with me.
Jimmy & Walter, Easy
Snooky Pryor, Boogie Twist
Hot Shot Love, Wolf Call Boogie
Geoerge Harmonica Smith and the Chicago Blues Band, Last Night
Slim Harpo, I Got Love if You Want It
Fabulous Thunderbirds, Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White
Charlie Musselwhite, Christo Redemptor

Good call Mr. Van Doornik