Re: Wouldn't it be nice....

"Wouldn't it be nice to get on with me neighbours..." says the song.
Reckon he was also having problems with practicing at home.
I've thought about this problem many times, and have only a few
simple answers:
1) Wait till the neighbours have gone out.
	This one only works if your neighb's DO go out sometime!
	(Mine now have a small child, so seldom leave the house, but
	maybe I have a case to play at those times that the baby is
	crying - maybe even get some good harmonies going!)
2) Go out yourself.
	If you have a car then find a quite place to park, crank up
	the sounds, and play your heart out.
	This is definitely my most successful method of practicing as
	a shy, retiring sort of bloke.

If you have a wife/husband who complains bitterly, even when you
APPROACH the drawer where the harps are kept, then you again have
choices:
1) Do away with the offending spouse, preferably "Death by Hohner",
	involving a harp and suitable orifice. If you have a patio, then
	this can be very useful to conceal the evidence and the smell.
2) Learn to play D.I.V.O.R.C.E.....
3) Send them on a world tour, or sell them into slavery, preferably
	to the manager of a Bankok blues bar, where they will suffer a
	lifetime of loud harpers.
4) Buy them flowers with free, give-away earplugs (aren't they doing
	something like that at Kmart just now?)
5) Invite harp-type friends around. Getting them to play as well will
	(hopefully) cause your spouse to adopt "polite" mode and shrink
	into the kitchen to prepare some nice snacks and drinks while you
	wail. Dream on!

And that's where I get stuck. Thinking of sensible answers to this problem
doesn't come easily to me, so if anyone has a "fool-proof" method then
please let us all know. Playing into a large cushion doesn't count though.
What I really need is a MIDI harp (like what was mentioned a while back),
whose only output is a wire, and maybe a hiss or two.

You can tell its Friday, can't you!

Goobs. (Owner of many harps, and a patio ;^)  )
--
    Grant, dr. D.M.         /  _ / \ / \ |_) (