RE: Murphys

Thank you Jack:  I was aware that the CD is available at Farrel.  I'm
somewhat reluctant to buy it from them.  While I've bought harmonicas
from them in the past I've been uncomfortable with my phone conversations
with Mr. Farrel.  An example of my discomfort follows.  Recently I
purchased a used CBH2016 from Farrel.  I am very aware that this is a
lucky find and I should be happy to have gotten it.  The harmonica came
with a little note saying that it had been completely refurbished.  When
I received the harmonica it was a completely unplayable piece of junk.
This is no exaggeration.  Valves were partially pulled off, offsets were
inconsistent and too wide.  The tuning was terrible.  When I called Mr.
Farrel to ask about what the problem might have been he flipped out.
" Send it back if you don't like it", "Ihave people lining up to buy
those things".  Really all I wanted was some help figuring out what to do
about my problems.  In a lengthy and expensive long distance conversation
(you try having a short conversation with Mr. Farrel) I finally managed
to calm him down enough to get him tell me that it was all Hohners fault
and I needed to send the harmonica to them so that they could repair the
reed plates which were brand new from them.  He was right.  I sent the
2016 to Hohner.  It came back less than 10 days later playing
wonderfully.  The other incident I've had with Farrel involves a
harmonica that I bought from them that came with totally bent cover
plates.  The original Hohner box was also squashed also.  The shipping
carton was untouched.  This harmonica never should have left Farrel's.
When I called I got a hard time.  It turned out to be easier to bent the
covers back than it was too deal with Mr. Farrel. I realize that I'm
treading on dangerous ground here.  Farrel's is somewhat of an icon here
on the net.  They offer good prices and an awsome inventory of
harmonicas. Now any time I want to buy something from Farrel I have to
consider two things. If there's a problem is it worth getting yelled at
to try to solve it? and when is a bargain really not a good deal? FJM