RE: Murphys

FJM writes...

>Michael Carley: Thank you for the information on the Murphys.  I have
>located their names in a record catalogue. The problem so far being that
>it's only listed as available in the U.K.  <....>
>Sorry for all the fuss about Irish harmonica.  FJM

To FJM & other Irish music fans...

I don't know if I followed this thread correctly but FWIW, the Murphys consist
of - Phil (Father), John (son) and Pip (youngest son) Each was All-Ireland
Champion in the respective years - Phil 1970,71,72
                                 - John 1973 (at age 16)
                                 - and Pip 1986

The Murphy family backed up Kevin Burke (violin) on his hit record "Up Close".
The father, Phil Murphy, passed away a few years ago. John came to Ohio in
April 1994 and spent a few months working for Farrell. He has returned to
Ireland and is wrestling with the decision whether to leave his homeland and
return to the USA with his wife where they could both find employment.

F & R  Farrell has their CD ($15.00) titled "The Trip to Cullenstown" also
available on tape ($10.00) + $1.50 postage.

F & R Farrell Co. (614) 877-3678
P. O. Box 133
Harrisburg, Ohio 43126-0133

        Jack Ely - Columbus, Ohio              SYS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx