Re: I'm new here...(Thanks!)

> Thirteen years guitar? Wow - I wish you lived in Columbus - we would chain
> you down and force you to learn chord harmonica. We need a chord player
> badly.  I feel a guitar player is a natural to learn chord - they already
> know the chords and rhythms.
Jack,

    Thanks for posting back to me!  I would have posted back privately,
but I did not have *your* email address and when I hit R)eply it just
sends it back to the whole list.  Oh well, sorry everyone. :-)

    Your information is extremely handy, especially for a beginner like
me. :-)  Chord harmonica?  Would that be like playing three or four
different notes (using the tongue blocking method I assume) to make 3rd
or 5th type chords?  (PEMI - Please Excuse My Ignorance)  Just wondering. :-)

> >So please people... excuse my ignorance on the subject and be gentle. ;-)
> >I'll get there eventually.
> Enjoy your harp and don't be afraid to ask harmonica questions - we're all
> learning here - just at different levels. As someone once said, "There's no
> such thing as a stupid question".
>
> Tip of the day - Start saving your quarters and plan to attend a harmonica
> festival, preferably SPAH, real soon. Also - check to see if one of the four
> Harmonica clubs in Alabama is near you.
Boy, I'd like to be able to go to some, but I'll definitely have to "play
them by ear", no pun intended. ;-)  My wife has put us on "THE BUDGET FROM
HELL!!!"  So I don't know when I'll even be allowed to buy new strings! ;-)
No, it's not quite THAT bad... but it's not too far away, either.

A couple of questions I have for you is:  Do you have any transcribed
Blues Harp licks that you could email me?  If they aren't readily available
I will just look for some on the HarmoniGopher archive.  *AND*:  What
term for "harmonica" is politically correct *here*?  Do people mind the
word "harp"?  I don't wish to accidentaly offend anyone, but "harp"
takes less time to type, y'know? ;-)

Thanks again for all of your help! :-)

Craig S.
craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx