I'm new here... so be gentle. ;-)

Hey all,

    Yes, as you can or will probably be able to tell, I'm a new guy to
this list.  Some of you (Ted A., Joe T., Tim M.) might know me from another
very popular list that I've been a member of for awhile - in fact, it was
through posting with Ted A. and hearing random harp discussions on that
list that brought me to take up harp playing and join this list. :-)
I just wanted to tell you guys that from just the posts I've read this
morning, my FIRST official day here, I can already tell that THIS list
will be probably the MOST VALUEABLE tool in helping me learn and become
an efficient harp player!  :-)

    I also want to commend Jack Ely not only on the great post this
morning (as well as Joe Terrasi's too), but also for the "Diatonic Tips"
that you wrote.  Ted had sent them to me right before I bought my harp,
and they have been EXTREMELY helpful!  In fact, I would have been clue-
less without them!  I was wondering if you, Jack, have any more "tips/
lessons"-type pages that I can download from somewhere (WKU's Gopher
maybe?), so I "keep this ball rolling" so to speak?  I was finally able
to sit down and SERIOUSLY practice the harp this past weekend and it felt
GREAT!  (except for the cramping ;-) )  I even (on accident) discovered
how to bend (somewhat) the 4th hole.  I am so jazzed about this I just
can't wait to practice again, but it's finding the time and the place to
do it.  That's another thing I wanted to ask you guys;  When you have a
wife in the house and two cats that aren't quite fond of the harp's higher
frequencies ;-) , how (or where) can you practice so as not to disturb
them (or the neighbors - we live in a townhome)?

    I can't wait to actually get better and get more "harp knowledge"
under my belt so I can carry on intelligent conversation with you people
about harps and harp playing! :-)  Being a guitarist for 13 years I was
able to "hold my own" on the other list when it came to guitar-talk,
but now I feel like a high school freshman again.  So please people...
excuse my ignorance on the subject and be gentle. ;-)
I'll get there eventually.

Later,
Craig S.

|  Craig Smoot                                                        |
|  Systems Analyst / Programmer / Musician                            |
|  Gradkell Systems, Inc. - Huntsville, AL                            |
|  (craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) ...And NO, I'm not in the Army! ;-)   |