Interview with Sam Myers

Anson Funderburgh was in Champaign tonight.  I had a chance to talk to his harp
player, Sam Myers, before the show and during the break.  This is a
paraphrased summary of Sam's replies.  I'm phrasing his side of the
conversation as though this is a verbatim transcript; actually, I'm
often combining things said at different times into single questions and
answers.  He actually said everything attributed to him, though.

Q:  Most of the show, you've been using Marine Bands, but one of your harps
is a Golden Melody.  Are plastic and wooden harps all the same to you?

A:  I usually only play Marine Bands.   I like their tone.   I had to
buy a new D harp the other day, and they were out of Marine Bands, so I had
to get a Golden Melody, instead.

Q:  Besides debating plastic/wooden harmonicas, some friends of mine discuss
the merits of tongue versus lip blocking.  Which do you prefer?